How to Protect Pipes in the Winter
With snow in the forecast, here are 5 tips from the Red Cross on making sure your pipes do not freeze or burst during cold weather:
1. Insulate both hot and cold water pipes.
2. Keep the garage door closed if any water supply lines are in the garage.
3. Keep a trickle of water going through the lines.
4. Leave your thermostat at the same temperature both night and day.
5. Open cabinet doors to help warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
A burst pipe can cause thousands of dollars in damage because it has the potential to flood your home. If the five tips mentioned above do not protect your pipes, give SERVPRO of Butler, Hopkins, Ohio, Muhlenberg, and Edmonson Counties a call at 270-875-4883!
To read more tips, visit the Red Cross website at: