Ways to Avoid a Burst Pipes & a Water loss
The Weather Channel and SERVPRO Corporate have partnered together this winter season to help inform home and business owners of ways they can avoid their pipelines from bursting or freezing. You can visit the SERVPRO Industries Facebook page to watch the report:
The tips that are mentioned are listed below.
Preventative measures, before cold weather hits:
- Putting your garden hose away for the winter and putting on a faucet cover
- Attach insulated pipe sleeves in your crawlspace or exterior
- Add insulation to the attic
When the temperature drops below freezing:
- Open up the kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to help the air circulate around your plumbing
- Drip your faucets
- Use a fan to move air into colder rooms in the home.
Being informed and taking preventative measures can help you avoid an out of pocket expense, or a claim on your home insurance.